Project updates are the best way to keep your backers in the loop with how your project is going, and we recommend posting regular updates both throughout your campaign and up until fulfillment is complete.
To compose an update, simply follow the steps below:
- Open the creator menu on your project page and click the “Post update” button
- Choose an update style, you can either post a freeform update or a Q&A update
- Enter a title for your update and compose your post. The body of your update allows you to explore your creativity: you can include text with rich formatting options, images, videos and audio
- Updates are set to publicly viewable by default. If you’d like to change this to backers only, select “Backers Only” in the ‘Visible to’ drop-down menu
- You can also select which backers get email notifications within the ‘Notifications’ drop-down menu. All backers will be emailed by default, or you can choose to “Select Tiers” and un-check the box next to the reward tiers you don’t wish to notify
- Once you’ve composed your post and selected your settings, click the “Save Draft” button at the bottom of the page
Before publishing, we recommend previewing the update by clicking the “Preview” button. This will allow you to check for typos, formatting issues, and the clarity of your messaging.
Remember: you will only have 30 minutes to edit an update after hitting publish. Once the 30 minute editing window has closed you’ll no longer be able to make any changes to the update.
All set? If you're happy with how your update looks, hit the “Publish” button to put your update live.
Not ready to send out to your backers quite yet? No worries, you can always return to your draft later.
Can I edit or delete an update after publishing?
For transparency, after the 30 minute editing window has closed it’s no longer possible to make changes to an update. This includes deleting an update. If any information was missed, or details have changed, we recommend posting a new update to let your backers know.