A Q&A project update is a feature that allows you to engage with your backers and the Kickstarter community through question and answer style project updates. You can choose which questions to answer to help you share your creative process and personal journey as your project comes to life.
Through these questions, we encourage you to share your honest and thoughtful insight with your community. Keep in mind that while Q&A updates are a great way to connect with your backers regularly, this format is not a replacement for freeform project updates. We still advise you to release frequent updates to keep your backers informed of the specific progress made on your project.
How does it work?
When creating a new project update, you’ll be able to choose between a freeform or Q&A style update. If you choose Q&A, you’ll see a list of prompts in the form of questions. Feel free to dismiss or skip any questions you’re not comfortable answering.
You can preview your update before you publish it and we’ll notify your backers via email when it’s published. Q&A updates will be visible to everyone—including visitors not logged in to Kickstarter.
Please note: You can only post one Q&A update each month, and at this time it is not possible to return and answer skipped questions once an update is published. However, we will regularly refresh these questions and you can answer as many as you'd like.
How do I compose a Q&A update?
- Open the creator menu on your project page and click the “Post update” button
- Choose the Q&A update style and enter a title for your update
- Add your answers below the question prompts you’d like to answer
- Click “X” or leave an answer field blank for any questions you’d prefer to skip
- If you want to return to a skipped question you dismissed before publishing, simply click on the question or the “+” icon and an answer field will open
- Click “Preview” to see your update as it will appear on your project page
- After you have thoroughly checked everything, click “Publish” to share your answers as a project update and notify your backers via email
Why is Q&A content important?
Offering transparency around your project’s progress and creative process can be inspiring to others, and provides a unique way for your backers to stay connected to the journey they joined when they backed your project.
As a creator, participating in Q&A can help you create a record of your work, and help you reflect on your process as it develops over time. We might also include your answers in our educational resources, or consider placing them in our editorial features.