Congratulations on finding a project you want to support! Now, to pledge to this project, follow the easy steps below:
- Firstly, make sure that you’re logged in to a Kickstarter account. If you don’t have one you can set one up here.
(Please note that guest pledging is no longer possible. You will need to either be signed in to your existing Kickstarter account, or create a new one.)
- Go to the project you’d like to support and click the green “Back this project” button on the page. Alternatively, you can scroll down to select a reward tier. If you don't want a specific reward, select the "Pledge without a reward" tier at the top and enter your desired pledge amount. If your reward involves shipping, be sure to select the appropriate country from the drop-down menu and click “Continue” to proceed.
- On the next page, you will have a chance to confirm which reward tier you’d like to pledge to, and add some bonus support too, if you’d like. After you’ve confirmed your reward tier, click the green “Pledge” button.
- If the creator has created add-on rewards for their project, you’ll have the option to add these on the next page. When ready, click “Continue” to go to the payments page.
(Please note: if the main reward tier selected is digital, physical add-ons will not be available and clicking the green “Pledge” button will take you to the payments page.)
- Here you’ll be prompted to enter your payment details. To complete your pledge, click the green “Pledge" button and you’ll be all set!
(Please note that it’s not possible to split a pledge between multiple credit cards. You’ll need to provide one credit card per pledge.)
You should receive a confirmation email to confirm that you are now a backer of the project. If the project is successfully funded, your card will be charged when it reaches it’s deadline.
If you experience any issues while trying to complete your pledge, please consult this article of common pledge problems.