Meta Pixel, formerly known as Facebook Pixel, is a service that provides creators with the tool to measure the effectiveness of any advertising on Facebook and Instagram.
As a creator, using Meta Pixel on your project will give insight into the traffic coming to your project page and give you a better understanding of the actions people are taking. Additionally, using Meta Pixel can help you to reach the right audiences.
The ability to access this data can help you to better understand how your promotion efforts are paying off.
How do I set up Meta Pixel for my project?
First, you’ll need to create a Pixel. If you don’t already have a Facebook Events Manager, this is something you’ll need in order to use Meta Pixel, as this will be used to create and manage your ads on Facebook and Instagram.
To create a Pixel follow these steps:
- In Facebook’s Business Manager, select ‘Pixels’ under Data Sources in the navigation bar on the left hand side.
- Click the “Add” button to add a Pixel, then name your Pixel and click “Continue”.
- Next, select “Continue Managing My Business”, and after selecting your Pixel from the list, click “Open in Events Manager”.
- In the Events Manager, select your Pixel again followed by “Continue Pixel Setup” under the Overview tab.
- In the box that opens up, select “Meta Pixel”, then “Install code manually”.
- Kickstarter is not a partner, so you’ll need to follow the steps to manually add the Pixel code to your website.
Please note: It can take between 5 minutes and an hour for your event data to show up in Facebook’s Event Manager.
If you already have a Meta Pixel set up for your project, you will be able to locate this on the Data Sources page.
How do I find my Meta Pixel ID?
Each Pixel that you create will have an identification number, this will be needed to link your Pixel with your Kickstarter project. To find this:
- Log in to your Facebook account and head to your Events Manager
- Select ‘Data Sources’ from the left hand side
- Locate the Pixel you want and head to the settings to find its Pixel ID
How do I add my Meta Pixel to my project?
Once you’re ready to add your Pixel to your Kickstarter project, you can do this by entering the Pixel ID at the bottom of the Promotion tab in your project editor before you launch your project.
If your project is already live, you can also enter this information through your creator dashboard. To access this, select ‘Dashboard’ from the creator tools menu, located on the left side of your project page.
After a project has ended it will no longer be possible to add your Pixel to your project page.
How do I track my project’s conversion rate?