Every launched project is a learning experience. If your campaign does not meet its funding goal, or you need to make changes to the project goal or deadline, you are more than welcome to relaunch!
Although it is not possible to go back and edit your original project, you can start the relaunch process by building a new draft and copying over elements from your original project.
If you’re planning to relaunch a project, we recommend taking stock of what worked and what didn't before submitting your new project for review. Below are some common points that you may want to reexamine:
- Your project's goal and budget:
- Does your funding goal align with the minimum amount of funds that you need to complete your project?
- If you’re lowering your funding goal, will you still be able to complete your project?
- Did you explain what the funds will go towards in your description?
- Your audience:
- Did you let your fans know about your project?
- Did you connect with potentially supportive local and social media groups?
- Are there successful projects similar to yours that you could look to for ideas?
- Your promotion plan:
- How did you approach reaching out to potential supporters and the press?
- Which efforts worked and which didn't?
- Are there other avenues for promotion that you could consider for your new project?
Once you are ready to relaunch your project, you should:
1) Start a new project, setting it up however you wish. Your original project is always available for reference, so feel free to copy and paste any content. Please note that the new project will have a new URL, and it will need to have a different title.
2) Post an update on your live project notifying your backers of its cancellation and share the link to the new one when it's live. Alternatively, if the project is no longer live, you can post an update for your backers letting them know that you’ve relaunched and provide a link to the new project page.
3) If you need to cancel the original project, head to your project page and click on the “Menu” button located at the top left of the page, then click on the "Edit project" link in the panel along the left of the page. From there, you'll be able to select "Cancel project" in the bottom right-hand corner.
Please note: Pledges won’t be transferred over to your new project, but you can message backers or post an update on your old project to let folks know about your new endeavor.