Running a project on Kickstarter is a lot of fun, but it’s important to remember that a lot of coordination is also required for a project to be successful. So, before launching, make sure that you and your project are 100% ready. To help ensure that you’re prepared to launch we’ve compiled 10 tips & resources below.
- Check out our guide for creating a smart project timeline.
- Make a detailed budget of your costs (prototyping, production, shipping, etc) and use this to set your funding goal. These creators share their tips on what to consider when setting your funding goal.
- Remember to build in some wiggle room too though! Read about this creator’s Cost to Create experience for why this is recommended.
- Establish your reward tiers. What are some rewards that might appeal to your community?
- Think about your project page, is it launch ready? We asked 6 creators what makes a good project page.
- Make sure that your project page is honest and clearly presented.
- Share your project draft with your friends and family for some pre-launch feedback using our project preview tool.
- Make a list! Who from your community will you share your project with?
- And, have a plan for spreading the word.
- Read some unsolicited launch advice from Kickstarter creator Adam J. Kurtz.
Check out the Resources Compendium for more helpful pointers on building and launching a project.