If your project is still live, there are a few areas that you can continue to make changes to. However, please keep in mind that once the project has ended these items will be locked and you will no longer be able to edit them.
The following can be edited while the project is live:
- Project category
- Project title and description
- Project video and image
- New rewards, including add-ons, or rewards without backers (be sure to check Our Rules to see if you need approval first)
- Rewards quantity (this can be increased but not decreased)
- Image on a reward tier or add-on
- Project FAQs
- Kickstarter profile bio
The following cannot be edited after the project has launched:
- Funding goal
- Project deadline
- Reward tiers and add-ons that have already been selected by a backer (only the image can be edited)
- Information in the Payment tab, including your bank account* and verified identity**
- Kickstarter profile name**
* If you believe that your bank details may have been incorrectly entered, or are outdated after launching, please contact our Support team for assistance with updating this information prior to receiving a payout.
** Our policy states that your profile name and verified identity cannot be changed once a project has launched. However, we understand that in certain scenarios a name change is required for the safety of our community. If you believe that your personal circumstances may supersede our policy, please follow the steps in this article to submit your request.
Can a project be edited after it has ended?
When a project ends, the “Campaign” tab (the page with the project’s description, rewards, and funding details) is preserved and no further edits can be made. If there is new information you would like to share with your backers, we encourage you to post a project update.
If your project has ended and was successfully funded, you are also welcome to use our Spotlight feature to share news, updates, links to finished work, and anything else you wish to share about your project.
Can a project’s deadline be extended?
In March 2020 we started offering deadline extensions to project’s that are struggling to reach their goal due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These extensions are at the discretion of the Support team and can only be applied to projects that meet our extension criteria.
If you would like to inquire as to whether your project qualifies for an extension, please contact our Support team.
Keep in mind, we're unable to extend a project beyond the maximum funding limit of 60 days, and extensions can only be added during the final week of a campaign. Please submit your request when your campaign has 7 days remaining. Extensions can not be guaranteed for requests received after the 7 day point.
For campaigns that have already ended we can not extend the funding deadline. If your goal was not reached you are more than welcome to relaunch.
I accidentally launched my project, what can I do?
Unfortunately, once a project has launched it’s not possible to revert the live status. If you’re not ready for your project to be live yet, you are free to cancel it at any time and relaunch at a later date. You can start the relaunch process by building a new project draft, using elements from your original project.