If your project is still live, there are a few areas that you can continue to make changes to. However, please keep in mind that once the project has ended these items will be locked and you will no longer be able to edit them.
The following can be edited while the project is live:
- Project category
- Project title and description
- Project video and image
- New rewards, or rewards without backers
- Rewards quantity (this can be increased but not decreased)
- Project FAQs
- Kickstarter profile bio
The following cannot be edited after the project has launched:
- Funding goal
- Project deadline
- Rewards tiers, either quantity or text, that have already been selected by a backer
- Information in the Payment tab, including your bank account* and verified identity**
- Kickstarter profile name**
* If you believe that your bank details may have been incorrectly entered, or are outdated after launching, please contact our Support team for assistance with updating this information prior to receiving a payout.
** Our policy states that your profile name and verified identity cannot be changed once a project has launched. However, we understand that this is not appropriate in all circumstances. If you have a personal or safety concern, please reach out and we'll consider your request at that time.
Can a project be edited after it has ended?
When a project ends, the “Campaign” tab (the page with the project’s description, rewards, and funding details) is preserved and no further edits can be made. If there is new information you would like to share with your backers, we encourage you to post a project update.
If your project has ended and was successfully funded, you are also welcome to use our Spotlight feature to share news, updates, links to finished work, and anything else you wish to share about your project.