When a project ends, the “Campaign” tab (the page with the project’s description, rewards, and funding details) is preserved and no further edits can be made. If there is new information you would like to share with your backers, we encourage you to post a project update.
If your project has ended and was successfully funded, you are also welcome to use our Spotlight feature to share news, updates, links to finished work, and anything else you wish to share about your project.
If your project is still live, there are a few areas that you can continue to make changes to. However, please keep in mind that when the funding period ends these areas will be locked from any further edits.
The following can be edited while the project is live:
- Project category*
- Project description*
- Project video and image*
- New rewards, or rewards without backers*
- Rewards quantity (this can be increased but not decreased)*
- Project FAQs*
- Kickstarter profile bio
The following cannot be edited once a project has launched:
- Funding goal
- Project deadline
- Rewards tiers that have already been selected by a backer
- Information in your Account tab, including your bank account and verified identity**
- Kickstarter profile name**
* These items can no longer be edited once the project has ended.
** Our policy states that your profile name and verified identity cannot be changed once a project is launched. However, we understand that this is not appropriate in all circumstances. If you have a personal or safety concern, please reach out and we'll consider your request at that time.