If you need to make any major changes to your project, such as the funding goal or campaign duration, or you’d like to rework your idea and start again, you can cancel your project at any time. To cancel your project:
- Click on the “Menu” button located at the top-left of the project page
- Click on the “Edit project” link in the creator tools menu
- Click on the “Cancel project” link located at the bottom of the next page, also known as the “Project Overview”
Before you do so, please keep the following in mind:
- Canceling a project does not remove it from Kickstarter. Projects cannot be deleted.
- Canceling a project is not reversible. If you decide you want to relaunch the project, you'll need to build a new one from scratch and submit it to us for review.
We highly recommend posting an update on your project to notify your backers of its cancellation, and clarifying any possible questions about the status of the project.
If planning to relaunch your project, take a look at our “How do I relaunch a project?” article.