If you need to make any major changes to your project, such as the funding goal or campaign duration, or you’d like to rework your idea and start again, you can cancel your project at any time. To cancel your project:
- Click on the “Menu” button, located at the top-left of the project page
- Select “Edit project” from the creator tools menu
- At the bottom of the next page, also known as the Project overview page, click the “Cancel project” link
Before you do so, please keep the following in mind:
- Canceling a project does not remove it from Kickstarter. Projects cannot be deleted.
- Canceling a project is not reversible. If you decide you want to relaunch the project, you'll need to build a new one from scratch and submit it to us for review.
- Once a project is canceled it can no longer be edited. If there are changes you’d like to make we recommend completing these before canceling the project.
We highly recommend posting an update on your project to notify your backers of its cancellation, and clarifying any possible questions about the status of the project.
If planning to relaunch your project, take a look at our “How do I relaunch a project?” article.
I didn’t mean to launch my project, can I revert it back to draft?
Unfortunately not, once a project has launched it’s not possible to revert the live status and turn it back into a draft. If you’re not ready for your project to be live yet, you can cancel your current one and create a new draft in preparation for relaunch.