Congratulations on finding a project you want to support! Now, make sure that you’re logged in to a Kickstarter account and follow the easy steps below to pledge through the app.
To pledge on iOS:
- Go to the project you’d like to support and tap the green “Back this project” button on the page.
- Scroll across to see all of the reward tiers available, and tap “Select” on your chosen tier. If you don't want a specific reward, select the "Pledge without a reward" tier at the top and enter your desired pledge amount.
- If the creator has created add-on rewards for their project, you’ll have the option to add these on the next page. Once added, tap the “Continue with X add-ons” button. If you don’t wish to add anything here, simply tap the “Skip add-ons” button.
(Please note: if the main reward tier selected is digital, physical add-ons will not be available.)
- If your reward involves shipping, be sure to select the appropriate country from the drop-down menu. You can also add some bonus support, if you’d like, by tapping the “+” and “-” buttons.
- Confirm that everything is correct before selecting your payment method, then to complete your pledge tap the green “Pledge” button. Alternatively, you can tap the black “Pay” button to pledge using Apple Pay.
To pledge on Android:
- Go to the project you’d like to support and tap the “Back this project” banner on the bottom of your screen, or simply click on your preferred backer reward.
- Confirm your reward and pledge level by tapping the “Next” button.
- You’ll then be directed to a payment page where you can confirm your method of payment.
- Tap the “Pledge” button, and you'll be all set.
You should receive a confirmation email to confirm that you are now a backer of the project. If the project is successfully funded, your card will be charged when it reaches it’s deadline.
If you experience any issues while trying to complete your pledge, please consult this article of common pledge problems.