From tabletop to card games and console to PC, games on Kickstarter include the weird, the whimsical, and the creative.
We love to hear from our community about what they're working on also - feel free to email us with your thoughts at email@example.com.
- As a first step, we recommend checking out our Creator Handbook.
- Take a look at this glimpse into the world of Games on Kickstarter.
- These games creators share their tips on determining when to launch, setting your funding goal, building a community, scheduling development, and transitioning after fulfillment.
- Luke Crane, our Head of Games, shares his tips, from best practices for running a campaign, to handling your community post-funding.
- Mexican games designer, Héctor Pérez, has funded four games through Kickstarter. Here he shares his tips for international projects.
- Alex Hague and Fred Benenson collaborated to bring the game Pitch Deck to life, here they discuss turning an idea for a game into a game.
- Check out this guide on how to make a tabletop game by Adi Slepack.
- David Vincent Baker, a designer of tabletop role playing games, talks about doing what you love full-time.
- How do you get into running if you find it boring? Adrian Hon used Kickstarter to create a mobile game that can help!
- Terrifying Jellyfish, a games designer and digital artist based in St. Louis, talks about making games out of food.
- The creator of the Magic: The Gathering game brought on Jeopardy star, Ken Jennings, to launch a trivia game that rewards skill.
- Bennett Foddy is a game designer and a teacher of game design at the NYU Game Center, he spoke with our colleagues at TCI about the pitfalls of perfectionism.
- In 2019, we reached the milestone of $1 billion pledged to projects within the Games category.
- Check out this conversation between two Kickstarter creators, as they discuss how community-first projects have overthrown elitist cultural tastemakers.
- And lastly, Games creator, James Hudson, shares some advice on marketing your game before you launch.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, take a look at the Games Explore page. We’ve also shared some of our favorite projects below:
- Trogdor is a beefy-armed dragon who has descended from the mountains again, in this game you’ll need to guide him on his destructive lost weekend around Peasantry.
- “The couple that slays together, stays together.” Boyfriend Dungeon is an action-RPG dungeon crawler in which the weapons you use transform into beautiful people.
- With creatures and cunning, you'll rule a fantastic forest kingdom. Root: A Game of Woodland Might and Right, is the ultimate asymmetric game of adventure and war.
- Looking for games that are as much fun for your stomach as they are for your brain? Edible Games Cookbook is a cookbook of a dozen tabletop games you can eat!
- In Chicory: A Colorful Tale you're tasked with taking up the magical paintbrush and filling in for Chicory. Explore, solve puzzles, and help your friends restore color to the world.
Sign up to Kickstarter Games to receive a monthly newsletter curated by Kickstarter’s Games team.
Ready to take the plunge and start your Games project? Go ahead and begin building it now - we're excited to see your creative idea come to life!