The bank account used for your project must be owned by and registered in the name of the verified individual or entity raising funds. You must also be authorized to link it to your project.
What type of bank account do I need to receive a payout?
Your bank account must be a checking account that supports direct deposits in the currency you’re raising funds in. We don’t support wire transfers, savings accounts, or virtual bank accounts, and using them may lead to payout failure.
Some countries have additional things to be aware of:
- In the United States, your bank account must be able to receive ACH direct deposit transfers
- In Japan, only “Futsuu” bank accounts are accepted
- European projects raising funds in Euros can use an IBAN in eligible countries. For example, if your project country is Denmark and you’re raising funds in Euros, the IBAN can be in: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom
If you have questions about whether or not your bank account is set up for these types of transfers, we recommend checking with your financial institution before linking it to your project.
Where can I find my bank account number?
You can find your bank account number and routing details on your bank statement or in your account details online. For U.S. account holders, please list a bank account that is ACH-enabled. When listing your routing number, be sure to use the one designated for paper and electronic transfers (not wire transfers). If you can't find it, ask your bank — they'll definitely know!
Please note that our payments processor, Stripe, only supports checking accounts at this time. More information about ACH transfers is available via their website. You can also find payout account types here.
My bank account is not being accepted when I enter it into the Payment tab
In some instances, bank account details will be formatted by issuing banks with a combination of placeholder zeros as extra digits, dashes, and spaces. If you’re entering your bank details into the Payment tab of your project and they are not being accepted, you’ll want to try to enter the same bank information with no dashes, spaces, or placeholder zeros, just digits — particularly when it comes to entering the bank account number itself.
This should address the issue, however if you continue to experience difficulty adding a bank account to your project, please contact our Support team.
Where can I double-check the bank account details for my project?
If your project is live, you can find the last four digits of your submitted bank account by selecting “Edit project” from the creator tools menu, located on the left side of your project page. From here head to the Payments tab where you will find the last four digits of the bank account provided.
If your project has already ended, you can find your Funding Summary by going to your project's Dashboard. From here, click on the blue "View funding summary" link to see a breakdown of the funds raised and the last four digits of the bank account associated with your project.
I need to change the bank account associated with my project, is this possible?
When entering your bank account information, we highly recommend taking extra care to ensure that you have input the correct details. Failure to enter accurate and supported information can lead to payout failure.
In certain cases, we may be able to help with updating the bank account.
- If your project has not yet launched, contact our Support team to see if they can help with resetting your bank account information
- If you’ve already launched your project, contact our Support team to see if they can assist with updating your bank account
- If your project’s payout was already initiated, we can no longer update the bank account or beneficiary details on your project