Kickstarter is open to backers all over the world. Anyone, from anywhere, can pledge to a project as long as they have a major debit or credit card.
Project creation is currently available to individuals who meet the below requirements in the following countries: US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico, Japan, Poland, Greece, and Slovenia.
- You are 18 years of age or older*
- You are a permanent resident of one of the above listed eligible countries
- You are creating a project in your own name, or on behalf of a registered legal entity with which you are affiliated
- You have an address, bank account, and government-issued ID based in the country that you're creating a project in**
- If running your project as an individual, the linked bank account must belong to the person who verified their identity for your project
- You have a major credit or debit card***
- You must have the authority to represent the organization to our payments partner, Stripe
**Citizens of the E.U. are welcome to use a government-issued ID from any E.U. country (such as an E.U. passport, etc.). Note: your project must be run in an E.U. country that is eligible on Kickstarter.
A standard bank account with a financial institution must be provided (e.g., checking). The account must support direct deposit and should be based in the same country in which the project is being launched. Other types of bank accounts (e.g., savings) or those with a virtual bank account provider (e.g., e-wallet or cross-border services) are not supported.
***Citizens of Canada must have a major credit card.
Want to be notified if your country becomes available? Click here!