After a project successfully funds, creators will reach out with a survey, either via Kickstarter or a third-party survey provider, to request any information they might need to fulfill rewards. This may include size, color preference, flavor choice, etc, as well as your shipping address, where applicable. When you initially pledge to a project, we don’t collect or store your shipping information at checkout.
I haven’t received a survey via Kickstarter yet
Some creators send surveys right away; others wait until they’re ready to deliver rewards. If you think you might have missed a survey email, please log in to your Kickstarter account to check.
When viewing the site through a desktop browser, you’ll see a notification at the top of the page for any surveys awaiting response. On our iOS and Android apps, you can access any pending surveys via your Activity feed.
Once you complete a survey through Kickstarter, you'll receive an email confirmation that includes a copy of your responses.
If you haven’t received a survey via Kickstarter, it’s possible that the creator is still preparing the survey and will send it out when ready. Alternatively, the creator may be using a third-party survey provider, such as BackerKit, to collect responses from backers. We recommend checking the project’s latest update for information on the survey, or reaching out to the creator directly.
How can I save my shipping address on Kickstarter prior to receiving a survey?
It’s important to remember that each project is different and will have a distinct timeline for development, surveys, and shipping. If you’re unclear on a particular project’s timeline, it’s best to follow up with the creator directly for more information. In the meantime, however, you can save your preferred shipping address to your account and have it ready for future surveys sent via Kickstarter.
To save your shipping address, log into your account, and visit the ‘Shipping Address’ tab on the Settings page of your account. Here you’ll be able to add your address by filling out the required fields and clicking ‘Save’.
When filling out a survey, you’ll be able to auto-populate your preferred shipping information by choosing from a list of your saved addresses. Note: we will create a new saved shipping address for you any time you fill out a survey with an address that isn’t already saved. A saved address can be deleted at any time via the ‘Shipping Address’ tab.
Can I update my shipping address after I submit the survey?
If the creator used Kickstarter to send their survey, and they have enabled address changes, you can update your shipping address by following the steps below:
- Navigate to your account by clicking on your profile image in the top right corner of the homepage. If using the Kickstarter app, head to your profile section.
- Select the project in the 'Successful pledges' section of your Backed Projects page.
- Click the 'Survey' option in the window that appears.
- If the creator of this project has enabled address changes, you’ll notice an option that will allow you to change your shipping information when you revisit your survey responses.
- Make sure you’ve saved the new address onto your ‘Saved addresses’ list.
- If you have saved addresses stored already, you should see them listed on the right hand side of your screen. Each address will indicate the number of eligible surveys available for updating with the selected address.
- Click on “Apply to all” on the desired address to apply this same address across all eligible surveys.
- If the new address is in a different country than what was originally selected at the point of pledging, you will not be able to update the shipping to a new country as shipping costs may change. In this case, you’ll need to reach out to the creator directly to discuss alternative delivery options.
Please note that, once a creator is ready to begin shipping rewards, they may remove the option to further edit shipping information and you will have 48 hours to finalize any changes.
If the creator has not enabled address changes, or you’d like to modify your responses to any other questions on this survey (reward size, color, etc.), you should message the creator directly from your Backed Projects page.
If the creator used a third-party survey provider (such as BackerKit) to collect survey responses, and you need to make any changes, we recommend contacting the creator directly.
Pledged as a Guest backer? You'll first need to set up your Kickstarter account before being able to change your survey response. Find your pledge confirmation email, click “Complete your account” and follow the steps on the Sign up page. If you're unable to locate this email, get in touch with our Support team.
Can I change the shipping country for my reward?
As a reward’s shipping cost is determined during the pledging process, and this payment is taken as part of your pledge total, it’s not possible to change the country to which your reward will be shipped via the survey “Edit address” option.
Changing the address to a different country may affect the cost of shipping, so we do not allow backers to change the shipping country themselves. If you do need to change your reward shipping address to a different country from the one you selected when pledging, please contact the creator to see if such a change is possible.