As tax liability varies from country to country, providing rewards to a backer based in a specific region might create a VAT liability for you. Please note that Kickstarter does not withhold VAT. Ensuring that VAT is correctly accounted for on these transactions is the responsibility of each individual project creator.
Articles in this section
- How do I set up my account to receive funds?
- What are the requirements to run my project as a legal entity?
- Where can I find my bank account number?
- Will you send me a 1099-K tax form?
- How will I receive my 1099-K tax form?
- How will tax year be determined on my 1099-K form?
- What are the tax implications of using Kickstarter?
- Is the financial information that I share on the Account tab secure?
- What type of bank account can I use to set up my project?
- If my project is successfully funded, how do I receive my funds?