As tax liability varies from country to country, providing rewards to a backer based in a specific region might create a VAT liability for you. Please note that Kickstarter does not withhold VAT. Ensuring that VAT is correctly accounted for on these transactions is the responsibility of each individual project creator.
Articles in this section
- What is the 1099-K Form and will I receive one?
- What are the tax implications of using Kickstarter?
- Is the financial information that I share on the Payment tab secure?
- What type of bank account can I use?
- Are creators based in the UK and Germany responsible for VAT?
- Why was I asked to verify my information after my project ended?
- What should I do if I need to edit some of my verified information?
- Do you store any of my verified information?
- I’ve received my project payout, how can I get an invoice breaking down the fees?