As tax liability varies from country to country, providing rewards to a backer based in a specific region might create a VAT liability for you. Please note that Kickstarter does not withhold VAT. Ensuring that VAT is correctly accounted for on these transactions is the responsibility of each individual project creator.
Articles in this section
- How do I set up my account to receive funds?
- What are the requirements to run my project as a legal entity?
- Where can I find my bank account number?
- What is the 1099-K Form and will I receive one?
- What are the tax implications of using Kickstarter?
- Is the financial information that I share on the Payment tab secure?
- What type of bank account can I use to set up my project?
- Are creators based in the UK and Germany responsible for VAT?
- Can I change or edit the information in the Payment tab after I've launched?
- My project recently ended, why have I been prompted for additional verification?