When a project is suspended, funding for the project stops, all pledges are cancelled and backers are not charged. In instances where a pledge is collected for a suspended project a refund will be issued. You can check the status of a pledge in your Backed projects page.
Why would a project be suspended?
A project may be suspended if our Trust & Safety team uncovers evidence that it is in violation of Kickstarter's rules, including but not limited to:
- Misrepresentation of support, through self-pledging or artificial inflation of the number of backers or amounts pledged
- Misrepresentation or failure to disclose relevant facts about the project or its creator
- The creator provides inaccurate or incomplete user information to Kickstarter or one of our partners
- The characteristics of the creator account overlap with the characteristics of backer accounts that pledged to their project
- A party related to the creator is posing as an independent, supportive party in project comments or elsewhere
- The creator is presenting someone else’s work as their own
- The creator is offering purchased items, claiming to have made them
- The creator or an affiliated service is spamming potential backers with promotional materials
- The creator is repackaging a previously created product, without adding anything new or aiming to iterate on the idea in any way
Projects may also be suspended if they were approved through 'Launch Now' but, on closer inspection, do not fall within our rules.
Is a project suspension reversible?
Once a project has been suspended this cannot be undone. Our Trust & Safety team will always reach out to a creator before suspending a project, and action is only taken when a resolution isn’t possible.