If you’d like to delete your Kickstarter account, you can do so by heading to your account settings and clicking the "Delete my Kickstarter account" button. Keep in mind: account deletion is not reversible and any information deleted will no longer be retrievable, so be sure to double-check before proceeding.
When deleting your Kickstarter account, you will be removing yourself as a backer from any projects you have previously supported, as well as deleting your entire backed projects history. This means that creators will no longer be able to send you updates about a project, or have access to the information needed to ship any rewards you may be waiting on.
Deleting your account will not:
- Automatically hide or delete any project you’ve created on Kickstarter.*
- Remove your name, comments, or updates from any project you've created on Kickstarter.
- Delete all of your information. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
* Contact our Support team to ask about hiding or deleting a project. We won’t be able to accommodate all requests.
Deleting your account will:
- Delete the email and (cryptographically hashed) password you use to sign in.
- Delete your profile.
- Remove your name as a backer from all successful projects you’ve supported. Please note: this will likely make it impossible for creators to send you rewards.
- Stop all notifications to your email address.
- Cancel any projects you’ve started but not launched.
- Cancel your pledges to any live projects.
- Remove your name from comments on projects and project updates—so long as they are not your own projects. Your name will remain on any project you’ve created.
- Cancel all Drip subscriptions. You will lose access to all subscriber-only content.
What should I do before deleting my account?
Before deleting your Kickstarter account we recommend doing the following first:
- Make sure to cancel any pledges to live projects. Keep in mind that a pledge can not be canceled if a project has already ended.
- If there are any projects that are still being fulfilled, we recommend reaching out to the creator to coordinate off-site communication. Deleting your account will remove your name as a backer and the creator will no longer have access to your information.
- Download a copy of your Kickstarter data, you can find the instructions for how to do this here. The information downloaded will include all of your pledge details, should you need this again in the future.