On April 8, we'll be retiring Kickstarter Live. After that date, you will no longer be able to host or schedule livestreams with Kickstarter Live.
What happens to the Kickstarter Live streams I’ve already completed?
With the retirement of Kickstarter Live, we recommend downloading all of your livestream video assets and re-hosting them on an off-site platform like YouTube, Twitch, or Facebook Live. For long-term archival purposes, we recommend using Vimeo.
To download your livestream videos, visit your Kickstarter project page and follow the steps below:
- Click Kickstarter Live from the Creator Menu
- Click View details on the stream
- Click the Replay tab
- Click the Download icon next to the video file
- Right-click on the video and select Save video as...
Can I still embed livestreams into my project page after Kickstarter Live shuts down?
Yes. We encourage creators to explore off-site live streaming options. You can continue to embed live video streams in your project description during your funding period, as well as in your project updates anytime during your project’s lifecycle, by following the simple steps below.
1. Set up or schedule a public livestream on one of our supported platforms:
2. When you have a direct URL to your livestream, open the editor view for your Kickstarter project description or project update draft, click the video icon in the toolbar, paste in your video stream URL in to the Use a URL instead box, and click Add video.
3. When finished, click the Preview button on your project update to verify that your video stream loads and is correctly embedded.
4. Once published, users can view the livestream on your project page or in your update. Third-party embeds do not currently support interactive community aspects (chat, comments, etc.) but each video player includes straightforward click-through functionality where your viewers can then participate.
What happens if I need help or support with my Kickstarter Live stream before the service is retired?
We will continue to offer limited support to creators starting a livestream with Kickstarter Live. If you have any issues with Kickstarter Live prior to the retirement date, please reach out to our Support team here.
We want to thank the creators who adopted and experimented with this platform. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to share feedback about your experience with Kickstarter Live or our other resources.