While your project is in its funding period, you will be able to embed a live video stream into your project description. Additionally, you can embed a live video stream into your project updates at any time during your project’s lifecycle.
However, it is important to note that a project description can not be edited after the campaign ends, and it won’t be possible to edit an update after it is published.
To embed a live video stream, follow the simple steps below:
- Set up or schedule a public livestream on one of our supported platforms:
- When you have a direct URL to your livestream, open a project update draft and click the video icon in the toolbar. Next, paste your video stream URL into the URL box and click the check mark to confirm.
- If adding the livestream to your project description while your project is live, open your project editor and click the “+” button to open the contextual toolbar and select the “Insert media” icon.
- When finished, click the “Preview” button on your project update to verify that your video stream loads and is correctly embedded.
- Once published, users can view the livestream in your update or on your project page. Third-party embeds do not currently support interactive community aspects (chat, comments, etc.) but each video player includes straightforward click-through functionality where your viewers can then participate.
I previously used Kickstarter Live, what happened to my completed stream replay?
Kickstarter Live was retired on April 8, 2019. This means creators are no longer able to host or schedule livestreams with Kickstarter Live.