A project may be suspended if our Trust & Safety team uncovers evidence that it is in violation of Kickstarter's rules, including:
- Misrepresentation of support, through self-pledging.
- Misrepresentation or failure to disclose relevant facts about the project or its creator.
- The creator provides inaccurate or incomplete user information to Kickstarter or one of our partners.
- The characteristics of the creator account overlap with the characteristics of backer accounts that pledged to their project.
- A party related to the creator is posing as an independent, supportive party in project comments or elsewhere.
- The creator is presenting someone else’s work as their own.
- The creator is offering purchased items, claiming to have made them.
- The creator or an affiliated service is spamming potential backers with promotional materials.
- The creator is repackaging a previously-created product, without adding anything new or aiming to iterate on the idea in any way.
- The creator has outstanding fulfillment issues related to a previously successful crowdfunding campaign
Projects may also be suspended if they were approved through 'Launch Now' but, on closer inspection, do not fall within our rules.