Kickstarter does not store full SSN information. When the user submits the form, the information is tokenized immediately-- the full details do not pass through our server at any point, and are securely stored by Stripe.
Articles in this section
- How do I set up my account to receive funds?
- What are the requirements to run my project as a legal entity?
- Where can I find my bank account number?
- What is the 1099-K Form and will I receive one?
- What are the tax implications of using Kickstarter?
- Is the financial information that I share on the Payment tab secure?
- What type of bank account can I use to set up my project?
- Are creators based in the UK and Germany responsible for VAT?
- Can I change or edit the information in the Payment tab after I've launched?
- My project recently ended, why have I been prompted for additional verification?