Kickstarter does not store full SSN information. When the user submits the form, the information is tokenized immediately-- the full details do not pass through our server at any point, and are securely stored by Stripe.
Articles in this section
- What is the 1099-K Form and will I receive one?
- What are the tax implications of using Kickstarter?
- Is the financial information that I share on the Payment tab secure?
- What type of bank account can I use?
- Are creators based in the UK and Germany responsible for VAT?
- Why was I asked to verify my information after my project ended?
- What should I do if I need to edit some of my verified information?
- Do you store any of my verified information?
- I’ve received my project payout, how can I get an invoice breaking down the fees?