Kickstarter does not store full SSN information. When the user submits the form, the information is tokenized immediately-- the full details do not pass through our server at any point, and are securely stored by Stripe.
Articles in this section
- How do I set up my account to receive funds?
- What are the requirements to run my project as a legal entity?
- Where can I find my bank account number?
- Will you send me a 1099-K tax form?
- How will I receive my 1099-K tax form?
- How will tax year be determined on my 1099-K form?
- What are the tax implications of using Kickstarter?
- Is the financial information that I share on the Account tab secure?
- What type of bank account can I use to set up my project?
- If my project is successfully funded, how do I receive my funds?