If you didn't reach a "Thank you!" confirmation page and/or you didn't receive a confirmation email (title: "You just backed [Project Name]"), it's likely that your pledge did not go through. If the pledge cannot be submitted, you may also receive an error message on the pledge page.
In most cases pledging troubles may be due to an issue with the card used. We recommend the following troubleshooting steps:
- Double check to make sure that the credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, security code, and zip code have all been entered correctly.
- Contact your bank to make sure there are no holds on your card, and to also make sure that:
- No additional authorization is required of you
- Your card is authorized for foreign transactions if your pledge is to a project in another country
- If you're using a pre-paid card or debit card, that you have enough funds available
- If you're pledging at a high amount, your bank is aware that we may issue an authorization check for a portion of the total amount pledge
- Some banks may be unfamiliar with how Kickstarter works, in that we authorize your card when you first pledge, but we do not charge it until later, if and when the project ends having met its funding goal. It's worth explaining this to whoever you speak with at your financial institution
- If you continue to encounter errors, try entering a different card
If you’re still having trouble pledging after that, please contact our Support team.