Congratulations on finding a project that you’d like to support!
Before we start, make sure that you’re logged in to a Kickstarter account. If you don’t have one yet, you can sign up for one here. (Please note: Guest pledging is no longer possible. You will need to either be signed in to an existing Kickstarter account, or create a new one.)
Now, to pledge to a project, simply follow the steps below:
- Go to the specific project’s page and click the green “Back this project” button to the right of the main image. Alternatively, you can scroll down to select a reward tier. If a reward tier is no longer available it won’t be possible to select it and this will move to the bottom of the rewards column
- If you don't want a reward but still want to support the project, select the "Pledge without a reward" tier at the top and enter your desired pledge amount
- If your reward involves shipping, be sure to select the appropriate country from the drop-down menu and click “Continue” to proceed
- If a reward tier is digital there will be no shipping option
- If a reward tier is marked for in-person local receipt, you will see the location listed with the reward
- On the next page, you will have a chance to confirm which reward tier you want to pledge to, as well as add some bonus support, if you’d like. After you’ve confirmed your reward tier, click the green “Pledge” button
- If the creator has created add-on rewards for their project, you’ll have the option to add these next. For add-ons that are still available you can click the “Add” button next to each one to include it in your pledge
- Remember, if the main reward tier selected is digital, physical add-ons will not be available and clicking the green “Pledge” button will take you to the payments page
- Make sure to double-check your pledge details, including any selected add-ons, and shipping details. When ready, click “Continue” to go to the payments page
- Here you’ll be prompted to enter your payment details and check a box confirming that you understand that rewards aren’t guaranteed
- Now to complete your pledge, click the green “Pledge" button and you’ll be all set
- Please note: It is not possible to split a pledge between multiple credit cards. You’ll need to provide one debit or credit card per pledge
Once your pledge has gone through you should receive a confirmation email to confirm that you are now a backer of the project. If the project is successfully funded, your card will be charged when it reaches its deadline.
If you didn't reach a "Thank you!" confirmation page and/or you didn't receive a confirmation email (title: "You just backed [Project Name]"), it's likely that your pledge did not go through and you may want to try again.
If you experience any issues while trying to complete your pledge, please consult this article of common pledge problems.